Saturday, March 21, 2015

He has Forgotten

Something occurred to me today. There is a new implement that has been acquired that has been forgotten by him. As I write this, it is sitting on the floor of my car in the back row of seats (sadly, I drive a minivan when I would rather drive a big ass truck). How could he forget? Easy. We had a very busy dad this week that involved my errands and a friends errands we drove her to. It just so happened I had to stop by the place I bought my mattress from and my friend going to pay for a new bed for herself. Well, as we were walking out of the mattress store Jim spotted something.

I didn't want to follow and continued walking to the car. I opened the car door and looked at him coming out of the mattress store with a huge grin that expressed his pleasure in what had caught his attention.



I see for some mind-blowing coincidence the mattress store is giving away 3 foot wooden yardsticks. My eyes grow with shock and a little anger at the sheer dumb luck of finding his new toy at the friggin mattress store! I mean come on!

By this time my friend comes out of the store and says "Hey, where did you get that?" He tells her and she then runs back into to claim her find. She is happy because she found some useless item the was free.

He is happy because he is envisioning the slap of the yard stick against my bare skin. And all I can think is please do not let one of them make a joke about swatting an ass (yes, it could happen we joke often).

So here I sit, knowing that sucker is in the car and he has forgotten about it, until now. You see he has just read this over my shoulder and now remembers the new toy. Perhaps, he will wait but it is more than likely that yardstick will be in this house before the sun goes down.

Also, I would like to know how the one mattress store I chose to go to, is the only one in the world giving away 3 foot yardsticks!

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny or not, when what seems to be a most innocent item quickly becomes something to be used for another purpose that one could most easily do without? At least this tells you that Jim does think about TTWD which is more than some others can say. Good luck to you and do your best to stay more than 3 feet away Jim and that yard stick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annabelle,

    I can honestly say, ttwd is always on his mind. Anymore, I have forgotten what it is like to look at hairbrushes at a department store and not think of ttwd.

    But, that going to the mattress store and walking out with a yardstick was the universe laughing at me.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yikes Kathy, has it made it into the house yet? It's amazing where implements can be found. I too hope you manage to stay more than 3 feet away!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,

      Yes, it made it into the house. So far he has just teased about using it. When he does decided to use it, I will post it in an upcoming post.

      Hugs,
      Kathy

      Delete
  4. Kathy,
    It's amazing to me how ttwd has changed Gabe's view of the possibility of implements in the most unexpected places. That is so funny that your husband is seeing that too!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan,

      There are many times I leave a department store with a red face because Jim found some innocent item that he can "use". The cause of my embarrassment is all in play though.

      Hugs,
      Kathy

      Delete