Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I kneel to him

I have implemented my own rule to be part of Dd/ttwd. It has been used a few times so far. If, I have a subject that needs to be discussed that could lead to me appearing to "top from the bottom", I kneel in front of him. Though, some may see this as something they could not do, I find it to enhance ttwd and to visually express my submission to both him and myself. 

Something like this.

Jim needs to know that I am not trying to dictate his control of a situation. He needs to know that I remember who is in charge and that he is capable. It is an understandable need for the man that bares the weight of the stress in our lives. It is the most effective way for me to say 'I support you no matter what'. 

At first, it was awkward and both of us suppressed a laugh as I tried to slowly and sexily kneel before him, trying to be sexy never works as it should!  Over time, this ritual has become easy (dare I say even sexy)? 

Yep, that looks about right.

The act of kneeling is both metaphoric and symbolic. It is humbling, and oddly enough calming to the mind. It is something I do for no other, it is an action reserved only for him. Often times, I wonder if any of you do something like this for your spouse? 


8 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    When I sit in from of Jack in our talking spot, I am lower than he is. He is touching me and looking at my face as he talks. It is this time that he decides if he is going to spank. This kneeling you are doing is really, really good for both of you.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith,

      I don't know why it works so well, but it does. I think it shocked him the first time I did it. But, watching his face change from just me husband to HOH was my signal that this was going to be good for us.

      Hugs,
      Kathy

      Delete
  2. Kathy,
    I'm not sure I'll make it to that point any time soon, but with ttwd I never know how far I can go. I can't imagine it right now. I have a hard enough time saying "Sir" to his face. Good for you though, I admire you.
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan,

      Using the "sir" term is not something that comes naturally from me. Accordingly,Jim and I had a discussion as to how he wants referred to during punishment or tense situations. Thankfully, he prefers "Daddy" as an alternative. That I can say without out it feeling like a mouthful of rocks is in my mouth.

      Hugs,
      Kathy

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathy,

    I think this is great. I love either kneeling in front of Rick. Even though we haven't been practicing DD for some time now it is still something I do. Nothing like it to put you in a submissive mind set.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Roz,

      The re-balance of my mind during the action of kneeling is very effective. I am glad this is something you still do.

      Do you think that you are just taking a break from Dd, and will come back to it later?

      Hugs,
      Kathy

      Delete
  4. HI Kathy, maybe I should try this I am struggling with the whole submissive bit at the moment
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jan,

      I was surprised how quickly the submissive mindset is when kneeling before Jim. I am all for trying stuff that encourages me to take it easy and avoid slipping back into old habits of snarky comments, sarcasm, and rudeness.

      If you do try it, let me know if it works for you.

      Hugs,
      Kathy

      Delete