Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Trying to Relate

Expression of my personality is very important to me. I feel the need to saturate myself within things that say the words I myself cannot express, as clearly. This has led me to discover new bands to listen to (well new to me), along with genre's of books. Once I even changed my ringtone to something a little DD. However, it raised a few brows and I quickly changed it.

I think I worry too much about what people think, yet I have far too many times I don't care (there is that dang contradiction). I have an easier time evaluating other people, than I do myself. I seem to be a grab bag of likes, dislikes, and even (it seems) personalities.

I joined a few BDSM groups on Facebook and quickly left them as it seemed to be more of a place to "hook-up" rather, than to nurture a stable alternative relationship.  

The look I made when I saw those groups

Even though, what has been seen cannot be unseen, I am glad it did not make me walk away from TTWD. I learned how to discern between DD and people VERY confused pretending to be an authority on the subject of DD and BDSM (there is no such thing, I have discovered). There is instead a large group of people like me safely tucked away within the confines of blogs and some websites. 

I am thankful for TTWD as it has let me feel that I do not have to "fit in" to be happy. Instead, I can be me. I can express all the various and confusing contradictory sides of myself to the world. Because, the truth is no one cares or, notices except those following the relationship path I am.


2 comments:

  1. When I began blogging, I found the firends I made behind the blog by far more helpful and loving than what the blog did for me. My email is on my blog and I invite you to email so we can get acquainted behind the blog. We always feel safer. there.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith,

    Thank you for guiding and helping me behind the blog. I did not expect to find such a helpful friend.

    Hugs,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete