Monday, April 6, 2015

A Quick Update


Hello all. So much has happened in the last week or so since I have been on. We welcomed a new baby into our family (a nephew) and I have been trying to assist in helping guide the parents on the fascinating issues of how to get a baby to latch for nursing, how often to bathe the baby, and what is normal and what is not.

During this time, I also injured my knee by dislocating it and tearing a couple of ligaments (yay me!). However, since I live in a smaller town getting to an orthopedist is a bit of a challenge. I have to wait until later this week to see the true extent of the damage to my knee. Once things settle down here, I will be able to catch up on all of my blogs and begin to relax again.



On the flip side, this little injury has gotten me out of mowing that dang yard of mine!

10 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    I hope you recover quickly from you injury (youch!).
    Congratulations on your nephew! A new baby in the family is so much fun!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan,

      So far I am healing well. No longer on crutches!

      Hugs,

      Kathy

      Delete
  2. Hi Kathy, congratulations on your new nephew. Wonderful news:)
    I'm sorry to hear about your injury. Sounds painful! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,

      Thanks for commenting. It was a shocking injury. It took my mind a few minutes to catch up to the pain...lol

      Hugs,
      Kathy

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathy, hope your knee gets better soon, congratulations on the baby news, lovely!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,

      He is a cute little boy and gave us a few scares, but is home and doing fine now.

      Hugs,

      Kathy

      Delete
  4. Hey Kathy, So sorry about your knee - hope it's not too awful for you. And congratulations on the little nephew! Lucky parents to have you to help coach them through all those somewhat overwhelming issues that come with a newborn. ;)
    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cali,

      Baby fever is strong in my house right now. I swear everyone I know is having a baby!

      Hugs,
      Kathy

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your new nephew! Babies are so lovely when they are all sparkly new and sweet! I remember way back when I first learned breast feeding that La Leche League was my greatest help. I could even ring someone in the night if I was desperate. Seems funny now looking back, but you are so kind to be available for help and advice as so many young mothers give up.

    I am really sorry to hear you hurt your knee. It sounds very painful and I hope you will soon be able to get it looked at.

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ami,

      At this point I have given all of the advice I can and it is now up to them to figure it out. Mistakes are often the best way to learn.

      Hugs,
      Kathy

      Delete